Do Not Forget – May 2, 2018, is Nomination Day (noon to 5:00 p.m. EDT).
The NCBJ will host the ninth Next Generation Program at its Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas, from October 28 through 31, 2018. The program will host 40 up-and-coming bankruptcy practitioners with 5 to 10 years of experience for special events that will be exclusively offered to NextGen participants, including:
- A judicial roundtable discussion in a small-group setting, designed to allow participants to “pick the brains” of bankruptcy judges from across the nation;
- A small-group lunch with an experienced bankruptcy practitioner who serves as a member of the Next Generation Committee;
- A networking reception and dinner to build contacts and relationships with Next Generation alumni;
- An opportunity to participate in a social outing to discover San Antonio with other NextGen’rs and judges; and
- Opportunities to participate as panelists with judges and other practitioners in educational offerings during the NCBJ Annual Meeting.
- Devote at least 50% of their practice to bankruptcy;
- Demonstrate legal excellence in the practice of bankruptcy law;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the continued educational development of bankruptcy professionals and professional activities that will benefit the public, members of the bar, and the court system; and
- Display a serious commitment to principles of civility, ethics, and professionalism.
A complete program description with specific nomination instructions is available by clicking on the second bullet below under Next Generation Information. For more information, contact NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com. Next Generation is co-sponsored by the American College of Bankruptcy.
NCBJ 2018 Next Generation Information: May 2nd is Submission Day – Review Guidelines Below:
- Nominations received before or after the official submission window of May 2, 2018, from Noon to 5:00 pm EDT will be disregarded.
- Nominations received during the submission window will be processed by a computerized lottery program to choose finalists.
- Nominations should be submitted only once to the email address below.
- The program is limited to 40 participants.
- A limited number of scholarships are available to qualified participants.