Washington Dulles International Airport is located 26 miles west of downtown Washington DC in Dulles, Virginia. The Silver Line Express non-stop 15-minute bus ride costs $5 one way from the airport connects travelers to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. Cash and credit cards accepted. Express Bus departs from Door 4 on the baggage claim level. Runs 6 am - 10pm.
Reagan Airport has a Metro Stop at the terminal
The Washington, DC Metrorail system opens in a new window has an elevated Metrorail station connected to the concourse level of Terminals B and C at Reagan National Airport. The Metrorail system provides easy and affordable access to locations throughout Washington, Virginia and Maryland.
Note: When planning your trip, check Metrorail’s track work schedule opens in a new window. For current operating status, view weekday opens in a new window and weekend opens in a new window track work service adjustments.
Getting to the Metrorail station from the Terminals:
- Terminal B and C: Use either of two enclosed pedestrian bridges on the concourse level which connect opens in a new window directly to the station.
- Terminal A: Exit the terminal to the streetside curb, and board any "Airport Shuttle" opens in a new window bus. At the stops for Terminal B/C or Parking Garages B and C you can access an enclosed bridge which connects to the Metrorail station.
Getting to the Terminals from the Metrorail station:
- Terminal C: Go to the north end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal B: Go to the south end of the train platform and exit the station. A pedestrian bridge connects directly to the Terminal’s Concourse level.
- Terminal A: Go to either end of the train platform and exit the station towards the parking garage. Take the elevator or stairway to the street level below and board any "Airport Shuttle" opens in a new window bus.
- Elevator access: The elevator is located at the center of the train platform. There is a sloped sidewalk at ground level which connects to both pedestrian bridges (follow signs).
Metrorail Fares and Farecards
- Metrorail farecards may be purchased at machines located at all entrances to the Airport Metrorail station. The station is also fully accessible via elevators.
- The maximum fare to any station on the Metrorail system is less than $6 when using a SmarTrip card which is available for purchase opens in a new window inside the Metro station.
Hours of Operation
Refer to Metro's website opens in a new window for the Reagan National station.
For more Metrorail information, call (202) 637-7000; TTY (202) 638-3780. Or, visit the Transit Authority’s website opens in a new window.