NCBJ Private Pentagon Tour
Registrants for this tour will be taken on an extended private tour of the Pentagon in Arlington, VA, the headquarters for the United States Department of Defense, by retired army officers who are now Department of the Army Civilians working at the Pentagon. The tour includes the history of the four branches of the military and the opportunity to see the indoor memorial near the Sept. 11 crash site and the Sept. 11 Memorial chapel, as well as the Hall of Heroes, featuring the names of all the Medal of Honor recipients and a number of other military displays.
This tour has been arranged by George Norton, U.S. Army Ret., the husband of Judge Cynthia Norton, and includes an in-depth experience that is not made available to the general public. Most importantly, the NCBJ will donate the $25 Pentagon Tour registration fees to the two Wounded Warrior Transition Centers in the Washington, DC area. This is your chance to join fellow registrants in experiencing a unique opportunity, while giving back to those who serve in our military and the DC community!
NEED TO KNOW PLANNING DETAILS:
- Sign up for the tour as part of your Annual Conference registration. The tour cost is $25 per person. Tour capacity is limited and we expect that the tours will quickly sellout.
- Registrants are on their own for transportation to and from the Pentagon but Metro provides a direct and easy means of travel. There is a Metro stop near the hotel and one at the Pentagon. You must arrive at the Pentagon Metro Station by 1:30 p.m.
- Proceed up the left side escalator to the Visitor Center entrance, where NCBJ guests will pass through security scanners and be met by our private tour guides.
- Visitors are required to present two forms of identification at the entrance. Preferably both, but at least one must include your photo.
- You may carry a small backpack or purse and bottled water if desired, but no weapons. of any kind. Photography may be limited.
- The tour will commence at 1:45 p.m. and should be completed no later than 4:30 p.m. If you miss departing the Visitor Center with the group, there is no opportunity to “catch up” and join the tour.
- Space is limited to two groups of 25 persons each per day on Thursday, October 31st and Friday, November 1st.
REQUIRED ADVANCE SECURITY SCREENING STEPS
- Participants must be pre-screened by the Pentagon for security purposes.
- All who sign up for the tour on the NCBJ Conference Registration system will receive an e-mail security form sent by the Pentagon Security Office approximately one week after the deadline for registration . Each tour-taker must be registered as an NCBJ conference attendee.
- The security process is relatively simple; however, the completed Pentagon Security Form must be returned to the Pentagon Security Office no later than September 3, 2019, and admission is subject to approval by the Pentagon. Those failing to timely return a properly completed form may forfeit their tour reservations without refund.