Local Judges’ Restaurant Top 8
Downtown Restaurants Top 8 List
- Water Grill. Located .4 miles from the Marriott Marquis, this restaurant in East Village area of the Gaslamp District offers a huge selection of fresh seafood. They have tanks of live crustaceans waiting for your selection and appreciation.
- Cowboy Star Restaurant and Butcher Shop. If you are more of a landlubber, this 2008 Orchid Award winner for Interior Design is just under a mile from the Marriott Marquis and features beautiful exposed beams and a stunning display kitchen where you can be entertained by the talented chefs. The lamb chops and chocolate chip bread pudding are a must.
- Puesto at the Headquarters at Seaport. No trip to San Diego is complete without indulging into the southwestern fare at this hot spot located just .7 miles from the Marriott Marquis. Indulge in the finest creative tacos and that perfect Margarita.
- Lola 55. Just over a mile from the Marriott Marquis, Lola 55 completes with Puesto for some of the best Mexican inspired creative dishes in “America’s Finest City.’
- Juniper and Ivy. Set in an artfully revitalized concrete and time warehouse on the edge of Little Italy just 2 miles from the Marriott Marquis, J&I, as it is known to the locals, offers a creative culinary experience known as “Left Coast Cooking” and guarantees to bring you something delicious that you have never seen before.
- Herb and Wood. This Italian-influenced experience with wood-fired dishes is located in Little Italy, just 2 miles from the Marriott Marquis, is the proud product of renowned chef Brian Malarkey.
- Season’s 52. There are restaurants that have a good wine list, but Season’s 52 serves 52 wines by the glass that compliment an extensive menu of traditional and traditional plus favorites. Even a quick lunch can be enjoyed as it is only .5 miles from the Marriott Marquis.
- The Fish Market. If it were any fresher, you’d have your shoes wet. Located on the water just .8 miles from the Marriott Marquis, The Fish Market delivers an extensive menu of underwater favorites that confirm you have been to the Pacific Ocean and make you want to stay.