Nominations Now Being Accepted for October 2021
The NCBJ will host the 11th Next Generation Program at its Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, IN from October 6-9, 2021. The program will host 40 up-and-coming bankruptcy practitioners with 5 to 10 years of experience for special events that will be exclusively offered to NextGen participants, including:
- A judicial roundtable discussion in a small-group setting, designed to allow participants to “pick the brains” of bankruptcy judges from across the nation;
- A small-group lunch with an experienced bankruptcy practitioner who serves as a member of the Next Generation Committee;
- A networking reception and dinner to build contacts and relationships with Next Generation alumni;
- An opportunity to participate in a social outing to discover Indianapolis with other NextGen’rs and judges; and
- Opportunities to participate as panelists with judges and other practitioners in educational offerings during the NCBJ Annual Meeting
Nominations Now Accepted Now Until May 4th
Review Guidelines below:
- Devote at least 50% of their practice to bankruptcy;
- Demonstrate legal excellence in the practice of bankruptcy law;
- Demonstrate a commitment to the continued educational development of bankruptcy professionals and professional activities that will benefit the public, members of the bar, and the court system; and
- Display a serious commitment to principles of civility, ethics, and professionalism.
Only one attorney from any single law firm may participate each year. The cost of attendance at the NCBJ Annual Meeting must be borne by the participant or his or her law firm, but no additional cost will be incurred to attend the Next Generation judicial roundtable or the networking or reunion receptions. There will be extra cost for the lunch, dinner, and social outing. Consistent with past years, a limited number of scholarships will be available to qualified candidates.
A complete program description with specific nomination instructions is available by clicking on the second bullet below under Next Generation Information. For more information, contact NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com. Next Generation is co-sponsored by the American College of Bankruptcy.
NCBJ 2021 Next Generation Information:
Activities With Class Members, Committee Members & Judges - Coming Soon
Tuesday, May 4th is the Final Submission Date – Review Guidelines Below:
- Nominations will be accepted daily now to Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Nominations received during the submission window will be processed by a computerized lottery program to choose finalists.
- Nominations should be submitted only once to the email address below.
- The program is limited to 40 participants.
- A limited number of scholarships are available to qualified participants.
- Those applicants accepted for San Diego 2020 Next Generation and then the conference was cancelled due to COVID-19, will be offered the option to participate in Indianapolis 2021 or Orlando 2022. If you have a question about your prior acceptance status, contact NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com
For more information, contact NCBJNextGeneration@gmail.com.